About Me

My photo
Littleton, Colorado, United States
I'm a crafty person and enjoy knitting and sewing. I've taught myself most of what I know. I've started sewing and actually crocheting at a young age with my granny. From there I've expanded to knitting and making Stick Owlies! I love to promote other artists and post random animal facts

Me!

Me!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

New Ideas

Does anyone find it's hard to come up with new ideas?? How do some people gather ideas?

When I come up with an idea I write it down and than try to draw it out. I'm always looking for different fabrics, buttons and yarn to make Stick Owlie different and unique. I also read a lot online and gather craft magazines. Sometimes I still feel like some of my ideas are dead in the water. Knitting can be a slow process, which for some who want it done quickly can be boring. There is a lot of work that goes into knitting - the pattern, yarn, needles and time. Sewing it seems you get your project completed quicker. With knitting I'm happy to get a few rows completed! I still believe it's not how long the project takes you, but how your end product comes out. The smaller less complex project will complete a lot quicker in both the knitting world and sewing world.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are into instant gratification...do you also like slot machines lol:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hit walls where I feel like my inspiration runs out.
    I will them browse around online and find things I love to get inspired by the colors, cut, style or textures of a garment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've talked to a lot of different artists who suffer from "writer's block". I've never really been one of those people. Sometimes I find it's hard to sleep there are so many ideas rattling around in my head. I sometimes wish that I could divide myself up into clones to get everything done that I'd like to. Ha ha ha! That'll be the day!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List